Why Invisalign® Teen
Invisalign Teen is a cosmetic alternative to traditional braces. It involves wearing a series of transparent aligners that slowly move the teeth into position. The aligners are removable and virtually invisible, allowing some people to straighten their teeth in a very private way. Designed especially with teens in mind, Invisalign Teen offers Blue Dot Wear indicators to show how long each aligner has been worn, six free replacement aligners in case some are lost or broken, and other changes designed to accommodate growing mouths. While most patients benefit more from traditional orthodontic appliances, many qualify for aligner therapy. Please discuss Invisalign Teen as an option when you come in for your complimentary examination with Dr. Foley!
How does Invisalign Teen work?
- Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks
- They are removed only to eat, drink, brush and floss
- The patient is seen by Dr. Foley every two months
- The treatment time varies depending upon the case
- Some cases need to be briefly fine-tuned and finished with conventional braces
- The average number of aligners is between 18 and 30